Race Briefing Notes
SUNDAY 8th JANUARY 2017 at 11.30AM
RACE BRIEFING NOTES
Thank you for your entry for the Tadworth Ten which will be run under ARC rules.
PLEASE READ THESE BRIEFING NOTES; THEY ARE IMPORTANT EVEN IF YOU ARE A REGULAR COMPETITOR AT THIS EVENT
1) Please comply with the directions of marshals at all times.
2) Event Location: Epsom Downs Racecourse KT18 5LQ Race HQ is again located in the Oaks Hall, Duchess Stand, Epsom Downs KT18 5LQ. Nearest train station Epsom or Tattenham Corner.
3)Car Parking: Competitors are asked to park in the main tarmac car park of the Grandstand’s complex. Please follow signage and the direction of marshals on the day. If you elect to use any of the public car parks, please park considerately and take care not to block any vehicles. Car parking is FREE but a bucket collection in aid of our chosen charities will take place. Any donations that you might like to make are welcomed.
4) Number & Timing Chip Collection: The race is being chip timed using an IPICO Sports TAG. Your race number and timing chip will be available for collection at the Race HQ (Oaks Hall) from 9.30am.
5) Entry Transfer: If for any reason you are unable to run, in the interest of runner safety, please do not pass your entry / number to another runner. Official transfers can be arranged on the day at the ‘Race Enquiry Desk.’ There will be a small administration fee.
6) Changing & Toilets: It is recommended that you arrive ready changed. The Race HQ has toilet facilities for runners but we no longer have access to showers and dedicated changing facilities.
7) Baggage & Keys: May be left (at your own risk) in the designated and supervised area at Race HQ
Race HQ – Facilities will include hot food and drink outlets, post race massage, pop up sports shop, nominated charity information point. The charity information point will also be offering Tadworth 10 merchandise in return for suggested donations of £2.00 per item. 100% of donations made will be given to our nominated charities who are The Woodland Trust and The Sunnybank Trust, Epsom.
8) Start & Finish: Is located on the gravel track that passes in front of the main grandstands adjacent to the tunnel. The start and finish is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Race HQ. Start will be at 11.30am sharp. Please watch the screens and listen for announcements on the public-address system.
The Course: A full briefing will be given pre race and information will be available on the day at race HQ
Drinks Stations: There will be two drinks stations as well as bottled water at the finish.
Finally….Enjoy the race.